The Hospital La Moraleja in Madrid is the best in the Sanitas network, which boasts the best professionals and the latest technology. Undoubtedly one of the best hospitals in Madrid with its world class doctors and facilities, a patient oriented service philosophy and very strict quality control. The wide range of medical specialties is there to make sure that you get an integrated medical care and the strict selection criteria in choosing our staff is another effort from us to that you have the best medical service in Madrid. The hospital compound has an area of 14,800 square meters with six operating theatres and two delivery rooms completely dedicated to provide excellent service to the patients. The flagship hospital of the Sanitas network will surely give you the best medical care in the capital city of Madrid.
Sanitas Hospital La Moraleja has a number of world class special units. These are listed below:
Family Cancer Unit
Gives advice to people and families at risk of developing cancer.
- Medical Check-ups
- Bariatric (Morbid Obesity) Surgery unit
Consists of a multidisciplinary team of professionals, including General Surgery, Endocrinology and Psychiatry.
- Pain Management Unit
Consists of a multidisciplinary team.
- Immediate Breast Reconstruction Unit
Professionals: Dr. Germán Blanco Lobejón
- Assisted Reproduction Unit
Professionals: Dr. Enriqueta Garijo.
- Oncological Gynaecology Unit
Consists of a Multidisciplinary team.
- Cancer Advice and are Unit
All cancer treatments.
- Parent Education Unit
- Atopic Dermatology Unit
- Sleep Unit
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Unit.
- Lithotripsy Unit
- Foam Sclerotherapy Unit.
- The hospital provides a bed for the accompanying person between 19:00 and 22:00. Extra towels,food and miscellaneous services are also available from nursing staff.
- There is a cafeteria, which operates from 8:00 to 22:00 and a restaurant and self service which operate from 13:30 to 16:30 and 20:30 to 22:00.
- If your diet allows it and you get authorized by the hospital you can get an a la carte menu.
- The hospital offers a large parking space with a capacity of 260 cars in the basements.
- The La Moraleja Hospital provides hairdressers if necessary.
- Laundry service for the accompanying person can be requested at the hospital reception.
- The hospital offers religious assistance such as sacraments, visits on request. A mass is held in the chapel on the ground floor of the hospital.
- There is a general store selling necessities on the ground floor of the hospital.
The Sanitas Hospital La Moraleja has a full emergency service.
Specialists present at the emergency
- Emergency Medicine. Dr. Carlos Bibiano Guillén Team. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Dr. José Jiménez Team. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Gynecology and Obstetrics: Dr. Eduardo Cabrillo Team, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Javier Sanz Traumatology Team, 9.00-22.00 daily.
- Anaesthesiology: Dr.Tomás Molinero Team. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Intensive Care Unit:
- Adult: Dr. Miguel Ángel Palma Team. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Pediatric: Dr. José Jiménez Team. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Other specialists are always in touch and can be contacted via beeper or a phone in an emergency.
The Sanitas Hospital La Moraleja is the only Sanitas center that has a 24 hour on call emergency service for ophthalmology. On Saturday mornings there is a walk-in service, which is open to anyone.
Location and Contact Details:
The Sanitas Hospital “La Moraleja” is located in Madrid, avenida Francisco Pi y Margall, nº 81, in Sanchinarro, next to the road for Burgos. If you are using public transport the hospital is closest to Virgen del Cortijo and Blasco Ibanez whereas Antonio Saura, Alvarez de Vilaamil and Maria Tudor are a little further away. If you are taking a bus you can reach there via bus routes 172, 173 and 174.
These are the main contact telephone numbers for the Sanitas Hospital “la Moraleja”:
- Switchboard: 91 767 91 00
- Information and appointments: 902 102 400
Here are some other Sanitas numbers that you may find useful:
- Customer Services and Pre-authorisation: 902 102 400
- 24 hour Sanitas medical advice:902 106 102
- Emergencies: 902 103 600
- Product Information and Purchasing: 901 100 210