Health is Wealth. The majority in the society is the low income group of people. They are unable to spend much for health. So a new concept of low cost healthcare services is highly necessary in the society. It is significant with its decent cause to serve the mankind in an economic cost.
The health care services in Galicia are the best among all other countries. Galicia has generally excellent health care provision; however, there is certain access to this for some foreigners arriving to the place.
As per the rule introduced in Spain in the year of July 2012, any EU immigrant below pensionable age, if not paying to the Spanish social security system, will not be eligible for state health care access. As a result, they need to pay a minimum of nearly 3000€ per year in contributions for registering as “autonomo”.
Galician always looks for a social protection for healthcare program. The regional government of Galician does not agree with the new rule, hence continuing to supply healthcare access to all the members in Galicia, residing legally. According to the regional government the person not having sufficient economic means to purchase private healthcare should be supplied with the state healthcare services.
So you can take an S1 form issued by your previous country and present that at Galician to avail the public healthcare services. Thus the process starts with an S1 form from your home country.
Thus from the period of March 2015 the EU immigrant can have public healthcare services accessible by following the below process:
- Any foreigners who do not have the economic means and legally residing in a stable manner in Galician can claim for the program.
- There are some Prerequisites for application like:
- You can not subject to have the right to healthcare provision provided from the country of origin insurance provider.
- There will be sufficient evidence that the person must have resided in Galicia and should be registered on the empadronamiento for at least a period of 183 days.
- The annual income of the applicant must be within the prescribed limit of IPREM.
- The applicant can apply at the place of center where he registered on the empadronamiento.
Do not worry if for any reason in Galicia you are unable to access public healthcare. The place is full of lots of other private healthcare systems. These centers are very good in terms of providing healthcare services. They provide a cost effective service best suited for the value of money.