Spain is one of the most favorite tourist location these days. If you are planning your next holidays in Spain, then you need to know about the Visa requirements in order to enter in Spain. You can find some important rules and regulations about Spain Visa policy in this article.
What is Visa?
Visa is simply a stamp, placed on your passport, which act as a gateway for your entry in foreign country. It also states the durations of stay for which passport holder is allowed to stay in foreign country.
Type of Spanish Visa:
Different type of Spanish visa are available according to the different needs. Some of them are listed below:
- If you are planning to shift is Spain then all you need is a national Visa to work and live in Spain. Your work visa and your children’s study visa will also fall in this category in this case.
- If you are planning vacations in Spain then you can get tourist visa.
- If you are married to someone living in Spain, then you’ll need “Visa de reagrupacion” to visit Spain.
- If you are hired by Spanish company and you are non-EU national then you will be eligible for Spanish work visa.
- If you got admission in Spanish college or university then you can get student visa of 90 days. You’ll need to extend this visa according to your stay in Spain.
- Airport transit visa is required if you are using any Spanish airport for international transit.
Which Country Residents can visit Spain without Visa?
If you are resident (national) of United states of America, United kingdom, Ireland New Zealand, Australia, Canada, you are allowed to stay in Spain for 90 days without Spanish Visa. Moreover, countries falling under the category of Schengen Zone of Europe do need Spanish Visa for entry in Spain. Countries that fall under these category are France, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Czech republic, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, Italy, Greece, Hungry, Malta, Neither land, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Slovenia, and Slovakia.
Nationals that require Visa:
Countries that are not mentioned in above section require Visa for their short stay in Spain. However, if you want are planning to Spain for longer period of time, then nationals of above mentioned countries also need to get work Visa of Spain. For more details, you can visit, http://www.maec.es
Spanish Visa Application Procedure:
Spanish Visa Application form is available online at the website of Spanish foreign ministry. One can also get it from Spanish diplomatic office of their country. One time non-refundable fee of 60 € is applied. Documents that are required for application include valid passport, two latest passport size photographs, Bank statement, character certificate from respective police department, and fully filled application form. Within one months, applications are informed about the acceptance or rejection of their visa request. Submit forms to counselor’s office and if application is accepted, collect Visa from same place. Rejection of visa can be challenge in High court if Madrid within two months or Spanish counselor office in their country within one month.